Thursday, August 7, 2014

QUICK BEDSPREAD!

I just don't have enough time to make  a real quilt these days. Also I am not sure I have the endurance to sit a the sewing machine for the length of time it takes. So I had an idea. I bought a lightweight quilted king size bedspread from an outlet store. Cream in color.



I decided on my colors and bought 1/2 yard of each fabric. I cut 2.5" strips to be sewn on as 2" strips.


I sewed the strips together for the correct length or width then ironed down the edges to make them 2".
Then I attached the strips with pins to the bedspread and sewed.



I made it weave as the strips go over and under other strips. It was done in a weekend.



I bought some extra fabric and made some decorative pillows with applique in the colors that matched. That took longer. It is so cheery and was so fast, I smile every time I walk by that room.

No comments:

Post a Comment